CONTRIBUTORS PRIVACY NOTICE
THIS NOTICE EXPLAINS WHAT DATA WE MIGHT COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT.
Driift Live Ltd together with its parents, affiliates, and/or subsidiaries (‘ Driift , ” we”, ” our” or ” us”) wants to make sure that the personal data we collect in the course of creating our shows (“Content”) is managed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (the “ GDPR”) and applicable local data protection laws. Such laws require that the personal data we process about contributors for Content must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way by Driift .
- Collected only for valid purposes that DRIIFT has clearly told individuals about, and only used in a way that’s compatible with and limited to those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is being processed.
- Accurate and kept up to date by Driift .
- Stored by Driift for only as long as necessary for the purposes of the specific production and related purposes.
- Processed securely by Driift .
Who does this Privacy Notice apply to?
This Contributor Privacy Notice (the “ Notice”), applies to all Driift contributors involved in our Content (“ Contributors”, “ you” or “ your”). DRIIFT considers the following people to be a DRIIFT Contributor:
- On screen talent including performers;
- Other people providing contributions for use in Content (for example people who appear in crowds at our events, are being interviewed, provide photos or grant us access to their properties for filming purposes);
- Off screen talent including voiceover artists, writers, musicians and other performers, and
- Representatives or agents of Contributors.
The purpose of this Notice is to fully inform you about the ways in which Driift will process your personal data, as a Contributor, when producing Content. Your personal data is collected by Driift but may be passed to other Driift entities or to commissioning parties and commercial clients (if applicable).
In most cases, this Driift company is the data controller in relation to the personal data that is collected about you which means that the Driift company will decide how it uses or processes your personal data for the Content we create.
What personal data do we collect about you?
As a Contributor, generally we’ll ask you to provide personal information about yourself (“ Personal Data”) for all our Content for example:
- If you sign a release form, talent contract, or correspond with us directly, you will provide your full name, email address, residential address, contact number and personal signature (if applicable).
- Depending on the extent of your contribution to the Content, you may provide us with your date of birth, gender, residence status, nationality and bank account details.
- If you’re appearing in the Content itself, you may disclose Personal Data as part of your contribution which may include film and images of yourself and your voice.
- Personal Data about you from public sources and our industry contacts.
If the subject matter of the Content or our internal production process requires it, you may also provide “special category” data about yourself. “Special category data” includes information relating to your race or ethnicity, political opinions. religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health information, sex life or sexual orientation, genetics or biometrics, criminal offences and/or criminal convictions.
Please note that if you’re under 18, your parents’ consent will be required before you can be involved in any Driift Content.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child 13 years old or under and they are the contributor, please make sure that you explain to them what will happen to their personal data.
What is our legal basis for processing your Personal Data?
As a data controller, we are required to identify the statutory legal basis for processing your Personal Data. In relation to our Content, we are processing your Persona Data for:
- Our legitimate interest in considering you to appear in the Content we’re creating and the publication/distribution of your contribution. We consider that, on balance, this processing is not disproportionate to your rights and freedoms and any impact this processing may have on you;
- The performance of the contract and relationship between you and us, including payments to you, corresponding with you or your agent/representative, managing our rights in the Content, and other purposes relating to the distribution of your contribution in the Content; and
- To comply with our statutory, regulatory or compliance obligations in the applicable territory where we are located.
As mentioned above, we may collect “special category” data about you; in those cases, our legal basis will either be with your consent or for the purposes of arts or if permitted to by law. Driift will determine the applicable legal basis for processing special category data as required for the applicable Content produced by Driift .
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
Your Personal Data may be shared with our affiliates, or on our internal systems with servers located in the UK. Similarly, we may produce Content for third party commissioners and commercial clients located outside the EEA, who we may provide your Personal Data to in order to distribute the applicable Content.
We are obliged to ensure that the Personal Data that is processed by us (and our partners, suppliers and clients) outside of the EEA is protected in the same ways as it would be if it was processed within the EEA.
How long will we use your Personal Data for?
DRIIFT will retain your contribution in perpetuity. We will keep your talent contract, release form and Personal Data concerning your contribution for the duration of copyright in your contribution.
What security measures are in place to protect your Personal Data?
We maintain appropriate procedures and technical safeguards within our systems to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information we hold about you. This includes providing training and guidance to production teams to ensure they understand how to keep your data secure in the course of making programmes.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data as no security measures are perfect and there is always some risk of security incidents occurring. But we will use our best endeavours to mitigate any damage caused as a result of a breach of these data security measures in accordance with all applicable data protection laws.
If you believe that your Personal Data under Driift control has been compromised please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Exercise your rights?
Data protection law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data.
You can request access, rectification and erasure of your personal data that we hold; or restrict its uses and you can object to processing, in certain circumstances. Rectification means correcting errors in your personal data.
You are entitled to raise a concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about how the BBC uses your personal data or how the BBC deals with any complaints.
If your request is about your contribution itself, we will consider the impact of your request on:
- our publication of your contribution as journalistic, artistic or literary material, and
- the performance of the contract between you and us.
So, got questions?
If you have any questions about this Notice or about how we process your Personal Data, please contact email@example.com.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices. Any such changes will be posted on this website and will be effective upon posting.